With this book Diane made a revolution. Infect she published the drawings of the reiki symbols which up to today are supposed to be revealed to the people who actually get an attunement. But if something is kept secret those who for the first time approach reiki can have problems in the understanding of Reiki. Many practitioners are confused for a while at the beginning of their Reiki experience. Those who have read this book have removed many doubts very quickly. The good point is Diane explains in great detail what each symbol means and provides the guidelines for their use. She also remarks that to perform Reiki the attunements are necessary.
At each level the person is able to receive more symbols to work with. Moreover she includes others symbols she has personally discovered in the years of experience and experimentation. It is a good informative book. The symbols are slighly different to many Reiki practitioners and as a matter of fact those reported by Diane are not considered the absolute correct ones. But then again, everyone in the Reiki community claims that their symbols are the correct symbols. This book is a great start to those practitioners who want more information, but other texts should be considered as well in order to make a well-rounded practitioner. Reiki Masters have nothing to lose with looking at this book. It is a good choice for people who have not received Reiki attunements but it will be useful when they become practitioner. It can be considered a manual in addition to other Reiki books, a good reference for Reiki Masters. Diane starts with the history of Reiki and then provides the instructions for passing attunements. Attenuement is a system of laying on of hands for healing. Further in the book she discuss about the origin of Reiki energy giving from a phylosophical point of view. In the discussion about the inclusion of the attunement process she provides details explainging both from the view of the receiver and the giver. Diane undrelines that part of the healing process is the healing of the self. In fact you must resolve your personal issues before healing someone else. Moreover many reiki masters ask the beginners to read this book before starting the lessons.
Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art

Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2008

Natural Health and Healing - A Better Alternative?

Written by Joy Thompson

Are you healthy? Do you take prescription drugs? Have you heard the news
about some prescription drugs causing dangerous side effects and even
death? What about the cost of healthcare and prescripton drugs?

I was getting frustrated, our healthcare costs were going up every year and
our prescription costs were also going up. Yes, I was very glad our health
insurance, through my husband's work, was paying a lot of the costs; but
our portion was creeping up and putting a strain on our budget. I am
grateful for our insurance because our out-of-pocket expense would be much
greater without it. But still, it was a strain. I felt there had to be an
alternative.

I have always believed in taking responsibility for my own health. I also
felt alternative therapies that were holistic/natural could possibly be an
option; but I didn't know much about them and they weren't widely known.
In my search for something better, I have come to believe that there are
excellent alternatives to traditional healthcare. I found many of these
alternative therapies are less expensive and don't cause the dangerous side
effects of some prescription drugs. I have found many wonderful Energy
Therapies, techniques and products that have saved me considerable money
and I am very pleased to say, has enabled me to get off 2 of my
prescription medications and the dosage has been lowered on the one I still
take. My goal is to get off of that medication, too. What I really love
about some of these holistic or natural alternatives is they are self help
methods and they often work where nothing else does. I can now take care
of many of my needs without ever going to see my doctor.

I became so fascinated with holistic and natural health that I became a
Certified Holistic Life Coach and now do EFT Coaching. (I will discuss EFT
in just a minute.) I also created a website to provide resources and
coaching services to help others achieve a healthier body, mind and spirit.

Now, I would like to tell you a little about what I found that helped me
and maybe you will find something that helps you, too. I have ordered them
according to my preference.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) - EFT is truly awesome. It is a self
help energy therapy that is similar to accupuncture but there are NO
needles. Our bodies have energy meridians and those meridians can become
blocked due to traumas, injuries, accidents, etc. These meridians can be
cleared by gently tapping on them. I found EFT to be a very weird
technique - really strange looking - but I was astounded by the results.
For me, the results were immediate and permanent, most of the time.
Sometimes I did have to tap several rounds; but most of the time, one or
two rounds would do. I have used EFT on many conditions including pain
from a sprained ankle, grief, headaches, stress, past emotional traumas,
self-esteem issues, and so much more. The technique is very easy to learn.
I found the hardest thing about EFT was coming up with a phrase (used
while tapping) that would really hit home and make a difference. I now use
EFT everyday. It often works where nothing else will and I try it on
everything. EFT is easily self-taught and a free EFT manual can be
downloaded on the website.

Aromatherapy - Maybe it's a girl thing, but I find Aromatherapy very
theraputic. I love the different scents of the Essential Oils. There are
woodsy scents, flowery scents, sweet scents and the list goes on. Some
Essential Oils can be combined with others and create a totally new scent.
When I want to pamper myself, I will use them in my bath. I will use a
relaxing scent if I'm getting ready for bed and an invigorating or
energetic scent if I'm preparing for my day. Sometimes during the day if I
need to relieve stress, I will open a bottle and just sniff a couple of
times. There are scents for relaxation, stress reduction, to energize, and
there is one I use sometimes to suppress my appetite. I have found that
Aromatherapy is a great way to be good to yourself. Some essential oils
can be expensive but most are pretty reasonable and they last for quite a
while. I have found them to be a good value for the money.

Meditation and Self-Hypnosis - Meditation and self-hypnosis are both very
relaxing. I don't get the chance to meditate as often as I would like, but
even 10-15 minutes a day works wonders. Meditation has helped me relax,
reduce stress and helps me concentrate when I have a deadline to meet.
Self-hypnosis has helped me sleep better, lose weight, retain information
better and stay focused. Meditation and self-hypnosis were both difficult
for me to learn. I wasn't used to relaxing so completely; but once I got
the hang of it, I actually looked forward to meditating. When I have a
really good meditation session, I have more energy and creativity. I seem
to be able to get more done. I believe the meditation and self-hypnosis
CDs and MP3s are reasonably priced.

I hope I have provided information that you will find useful. If you would
like more detailed information or would like to see what else I have to
offer, please visit my website. I have found that Natural Health and
Healing IS a better alternative!!

Have a Naturally Healthy Life!

Joy Thompson


Certified Holistic Life Coach
EFT Coach and Reiki Master

View their website at: http://www.ourdreams06.com

Keine Kommentare: